Works well

Story: Basket is a Great Ubuntu OneNote CloneTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
bigg

Jun 15, 2009
1:32 PM EDT
I installed it on my Slackware 12.1 work machine today. I've never heard of OneNote before, but it is kind of nice for writing down quick notes without having to save and organize them.
hkwint

Jun 15, 2009
1:54 PM EDT
But is it basket ore OneNote that works well for you?
bigg

Jun 15, 2009
2:10 PM EDT
Basket - I'm assuming OneNote is for Windows.
bigg

Jun 15, 2009
2:12 PM EDT
Apparently OneNote is in MS Office:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/default.aspx

I obviously am not much into MS Office.
hkwint

Jun 15, 2009
4:42 PM EDT
I'm sorry, I screwed up while reading. When reading 'Ubuntu OneNote clone' I read "Ubuntu OneNote" as if OneNote was an Ubuntu application, in the same way as 'MS Office' is a Microsoft application. If I used WikiPedia, like I always do, I'd have noticed.

The title is a bit misleading for those not familiar with all Microsoft-products and Ubuntu I assume.

It's a bit of a problem the KDE4-version isn't stable as of yet. It took me a lot of efforts to migrate to KDE4 - and the only way I succeeded was by deleting everything 3.5.
garymax

Jun 15, 2009
10:31 PM EDT
bigg,

You're still on Slackware 12.1? :-) 13 is right around the corner...Of course, you want your work machine to be stable so I understand completely.
gus3

Jun 15, 2009
10:40 PM EDT
garymax, I think the next version will be 12.34567890, based on what I'm seeing in -current.

If Patrick ever switches to a calendar-based system of release naming, the releases will be something like "Slackware 3175.Confusion.20". [See ddate(1).]
bigg

Jun 16, 2009
9:04 AM EDT
> You're still on Slackware 12.1?

Yes, there's no reason to upgrade, because I can still install the latest versions of all my apps. I decided to wait to upgrade until I have a problem, and so far I haven't upgraded.
gus3

Jun 16, 2009
9:05 PM EDT
Looks like the next Slackware version will be 13.0, after all. Today's -current update includes a new version number.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!