Better than UNR

Story: Review: Linux Mint 7 Is GloriousTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
Yuioup

Jul 12, 2009
5:17 AM EDT
I've just installed Gloria on me EEE PC 1000HE, and it's pretty good! I would argue that it looks and runs better than the Ubuntu Netbook Remix. The Linux Mint devs seem to have fixed a lot of minor UI annoyances.

I think I'll stick with Mint for now. Hopefully they can keep up with the Ubuntu release cycles.
helios

Jul 13, 2009
3:00 AM EDT
Hopefully they can keep up with the Ubuntu release cycles.

They've had no problems to this point. They are putting out a fine, fine product and we use it on particular hardware mixes we know it to work on where even Ubuntu will not. Seems that they have went out of the way to cure some of the niggling little problems that Ubuntu has ignored for three release cycles or more.

they've done good and I have no reason to believe that will change in the foreseeable future.
jacog

Jul 13, 2009
4:29 AM EDT
I concur. We run Mint on our Acer Aspire One, and did not have to do a single tweak to get anything running. It uses minimal screen real estate and actually seems a helluva lot snappier than the Lipuss Linux Lite that came with it - which was based on some ancient Fedora. And this even with a number of Compiz effects running. I have gotten accustomed to the window management features of it, and just can't live without my hotspot screen corners. ;)

Mint, for now, is my recommended netbook distro.
gus3

Jul 13, 2009
8:04 AM EDT
There's no way I can use it if it's going to put a Laura Branigan song into my mind every time I boot it up.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!