I'm sure he could find work

Story: Windows metrics source lies about identityTotal Replies: 14
Author Content
gus3

Feb 22, 2010
10:57 AM EDT
I understand there are lots of suspicious companies looking for people who can say outrageous things with a straight face.

*cough*SCO*cough*Microsoft*cough*
bigg

Feb 22, 2010
11:10 AM EDT
I had the name Randall C. Kennedy stuck in my mind when I read this. Here is why:

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/131131/index.html
tuxchick

Feb 22, 2010
11:19 AM EDT
He posted a neener-neener talkback on ZDNet:

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-10532-0.html?forumID=1&thread...

Quoting: 2. InfoWorld didn't let me go. I resigned. In fact, up until Saturday afternoon they were still trying to salvage the situation. They didn't want to lose 2+ million page views per year, which is what the shock jock persona they developed for me delivered.

3. Craig Barth may be fictitious (though, legally, both names are in fact mine to use), but the data never was. I may like to stoke the presentation a bit, but I never embellished the facts. We've got nearly 24,000 users. We don't need to invent data.

MBT, here is a splendid role model for your shill aspirations. He even got paid.
bigg

Feb 22, 2010
11:28 AM EDT
I wonder what 2 million page views is worth. I'd describe him as more troll than shill. I'll be practicing my own trolling more in the next few weeks.
TxtEdMacs

Feb 22, 2010
11:37 AM EDT
tc,

Oh if only I had the talent to bend reality as that guy I would be rich. Rich I say! Instead of a small time shill, astroturfer on LXer's domain ... whose checks still bounce routinely. That is, despite my stellar efforts.

Sniffles,

YBT
tuxchick

Feb 22, 2010
11:37 AM EDT
He was shilling his own company, Devil Mountain Software, so I suppose he could be both a troll and a shill.

I'm sorry Txt, those bouncing checks are very sad. The first rule of successful trollshilling is getting paid is everything. Keep trying, I have faith in you!
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 22, 2010
12:11 PM EDT
Keep bouncing those checks Txt, They're like the superball http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Ball, you just never know where they are going to come down..;-)
Bob_Robertson

Feb 22, 2010
8:22 PM EDT
> I understand there are lots of suspicious companies looking for people who can say outrageous things with a straight face.

A highly prized skill for both lawyers and politicians (including corporate politicians, I'm non-denominational).
hkwint

Feb 23, 2010
10:58 AM EDT
Txt: Admit it. Your real name is Randall C. Kennedy. No need to hide anymore behind your alter ego.

Of course, we all understand your name wasn't real, but anything else you shilled was, and so were your facts.
TxtEdMacs

Feb 23, 2010
1:48 PM EDT
hk,

I thought I answered your question unequivocally in another forum thread, so why make this weak assertion again? Ask yourself this simple question: would I be wasting my time shilling for peanuts on LXer if I were really Randall C. Kennedy? Moreover had I known of his exquisite schemes I would have started fan sites on any social site I could crack to skim off just a bit of cash to support my own nefarious existence. Instead I am here chasing after nickels and dimes (U.S. five and ten cent pieces, respectively).

Hey Kennedy has class you just fail to appreciate. He is not a bottom feeder, more like a pike or bass that attacks his prey with gusto. Were I only him ...

Your Sad Buddy Txt.
jdixon

Feb 23, 2010
2:00 PM EDT
> He is not a bottom feeder, more like a pike or bass that attacks his prey with gusto. Were I only him ...

I guess that means you're (typo fixed) stuck here, just carping.... :)
TxtEdMacs

Feb 23, 2010
4:14 PM EDT
jd,

I would have been the last to think you were a teller of tall fish tales.

YBT
tuxchick

Feb 23, 2010
4:15 PM EDT
carping....bottom feeder....owwww.....
gus3

Feb 23, 2010
4:52 PM EDT
Don't worry MBT, as soon as the checks stop bouncing, you'll be singing a different tuna.
jdixon

Feb 23, 2010
8:09 PM EDT
> I would have been the last to think you were a teller of tall fish tales.

> carping....bottom feeder....owwww..

What can I say, it's a gift. Or a curse. My wife can never figure out quite which.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!