Religion ?

Story: Is Linux a ReligionTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
Rob_on

May 10, 2010
3:38 PM EDT
To characterize as being a Religion, is hyoocritical. For the most part when, MIcrosoft and Apple have long had a following, that I could call a Religion but I wouldn't. Because computers have become so important in people's lives, it is now a personal thing.

Freedom not free is somehow a four letter word, some do get the two mixed up; so when asking me I will take freedom over free any day of the week and twice on sundays.

gus3

May 10, 2010
4:08 PM EDT
I've heard the term "cult" used more than once, about both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. But I think "addiction" is a better term. It describes Jobs and Gates more accurately, as dealers who want their customers to be helpless without them.
chalbersma

May 10, 2010
4:09 PM EDT
In the name of the Kernel and the Device Support and the Kick Ass Security Record, Amen....
tbuitenh

May 10, 2010
5:26 PM EDT
The bird doesn't fly, the bearded guy doesn't like clouds and definitely doesn't sit on them, and as far as I know we haven't nailed anyone to a piece of wood. I dunno...
moopst

May 10, 2010
5:45 PM EDT
He seems to have used the MS Thesaurus on semi-geek terms
Quoting:Freediots ... freetard-like response
I wouldn't be suprised if half the anti-helpful Linux elites (supposedly) were in fact Windows fanbios working an anti-shill role.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!