Sorry, but ...

Story: Firebird download statistics : Top Country : Brazil , Top OS: LinuxTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

May 31, 2010
8:59 AM EDT
[serious]

These statistics (for a week!) are not significant to warrant excitement. Indeed when I went to the site the second or third time I noticed on the lower right that Windows was the top OS.

I am put off for several causes: 1. I did not ever get to see the graph despite my giving the site temporary authority to run scripts (when that failed even upon a return I was not going to search for whatever other trash enhancer was required). Second, I am primarily a database type person. But I had never heard of Firebird prior to their claim that the then tentative name for what was to become Firefox was theft of their good name by Mozilla. Third, the W3C site's statistics are both larger and more disperse, but they show that (assuming mostly developers visit) the favored browsers are not versions of IE nor are the most used OSs version of Windows. Despite those heartening statistics, one is looking at a small subset of very clued in users that tends not to form a large intersection* value with the population of Web users.

Sorry for the cold water, but the A.C. is out here and my discomfort level is high.

* Set mathematics, which happens to be the basis for SQL when implemented and coded properly.

[/serious]
azerthoth

May 31, 2010
12:03 PM EDT
Now it says Turkey and Windows ...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!