Author Content
tbuitenh

Jul 30, 2010
2:59 PM EDT
nt
kenholmz

Aug 01, 2010
11:26 PM EDT
Agreed, tbuitenh. Someday I will have to learn what nt means, though.

I suspect Ken Brown, of the Alexis de Tokeville Institution (if you like we can hash out that one :) appreciates the article. While the wording may be somewhat different it does appear to coincide with what he refers to as true open source and hybrid source.

Checkout http://www.adti.net/samizdat/brown.reply.june.04.html If it isn't available googling "samizdat's critics" "brown replies" and read it in the cache.

It isn't too long and it does sum up the other writings I have seen by Brown. I hope you can have a good laugh. I just want to show him I am not the sweetheart of the rodeo.

The referenced page doesn't mention Brown's prediction about Linux being sued. I did write him not long ago to praise him for his prophetic vision. I wrote him a couple of years ago to praise him for something I don't remember. The man is so humble he has been speechless :)

gus3

Aug 02, 2010
1:36 AM EDT
nt == no text (in the comment), title/subject says it all
jacog

Aug 02, 2010
3:38 AM EDT
"nt" should not be used on forums. It's a convention best suited for email, "(nt)" goes in the subject, so the reader knows not to bother opening the mail. A bit pointless putting it as the body.

/grumpgrumpgrump
kenholmz

Aug 02, 2010
10:16 AM EDT
@gus3 and jacog, thanks. I can see clearly now. The fact that the subject line offered a complete thought is likely the reason I never stopped to ponder it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!