the fanatics fanatic

Story: How Oracle might kill Google’s Android and software patents all at onceTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
Alcibiades

Aug 22, 2010
6:12 AM EDT
Daniel Eran Dilger is the apple fanatics fanatic, a sort of uberfanatic. The key enemy of these guys at the moment is Google, because Android is competing with Apple. Before that it was MS, and Dell always has been a favorite bete noir, because it supplied mid range affordable computing of the sort your average Apple fanatic scorns.

As for the article, the best thing to compare it to is the intellectual gyrations one found in Pravda in the days of the Soviet Union. Party hacks jumped through the most bizarre hoops to find positive pro Party spns to put on it. Well, this is DEG. Content to spin ratio, around 1% if that.

DEG remember was the guy who argued that Apple had double the share the agencies reported it has having, because it sold OS and hardware. Yes, sure.

Basically, its one long rehash of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. Did you notice by the way the superb giveaway in the 'white trash' line? That is the authentic and ugly voice of your Apple fanatic snob at its finest.
hkwint

Aug 22, 2010
1:27 PM EDT
Thanks for the info & intro! I always like some background before reading an article.
azerthoth

Aug 22, 2010
2:14 PM EDT
I enjoyed how he tried to make it seem that Google was somehow performing some attack on the 'freedom loving oracle' who supports openness and the GPL with arms wide open. That somehow the only response that these folks who have fought for patent reform for years was to assert their patent claims. Here is what a company who is truly interested in openness does, they unencumber the rest, not perform a nuclear first strike.
kenholmz

Aug 23, 2010
11:13 AM EDT
If Steve Jobs is a messiah Daniel is one of his prophets (who in turn apparently has disciples). Such wit and wisdom from a follower of the man who often said, "good artists copy, great artists steal".

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!