Story: Oracle Pledges Support for OpenOffice.orgTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
henke54

Oct 14, 2010
6:18 AM EDT
As Ghandi said:

First they ignore you

Then they laugh at you

Then they attack you : http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f...

Then You win.

;-P
caitlyn

Oct 14, 2010
8:48 AM EDT
So who is doing the attacking in your view? I don't see anything attacking or threatening. I certainly would not make assumptions about winners or losers at this time.
tracyanne

Oct 14, 2010
9:13 AM EDT
As Glynn Moody points out here http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/open-enterprise/2010/10/mic... Microsoft Gives its Blessing to OpenOffice.org. OO.o must be a real threat to MS Office, else why bother.
hkwint

Oct 14, 2010
9:47 AM EDT
Caitlyn: AFAIK already happened. MS threatened Sun with their office patents, and then they signed a cross deal including Sun's Java patents.
azerthoth

Oct 14, 2010
10:35 AM EDT
always thought that was a horrible quote as it's terribly inaccurate.
caitlyn

Oct 14, 2010
10:52 AM EDT
I'm also still not sure how the quote applies or who it is referring to.

I do not believe that Microsoft blessed OOo in any way. As hkwint points out they entered into a patent deal with Sun because both companies had something the other wanted.
TxtEdMacs

Oct 14, 2010
10:59 AM EDT
caitlyn,

Quoting:I do not believe that Microsoft blessed OOo [...]
psst, it's ironic, not literal - just like the stuff I write. For example gus's peccadilloes ...

YBT
gus3

Oct 14, 2010
11:31 AM EDT
MBT:

My attempt to cross-breed woodpeckers and armadillos cost me two unfortunate lab assistants, and the CIA had to step in to prevent further damage. Now I owe them, big time...
TxtEdMacs

Oct 14, 2010
12:32 PM EDT
gus,

Now I am really confused. I was talking about your weight lifting enhancing your "pecs"*. If not I got to buy a better source.

YBT

* Pectoral muscles
krisum

Oct 16, 2010
2:07 AM EDT
> always thought that was a horrible quote as it's terribly inaccurate.

Its Gandhi, and the quote is disputed never having been actually sourced to him.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!