Supposition

Story: Android and Apple iOS will not beat BlackBerryTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
azerthoth

Nov 07, 2010
7:32 PM EDT
All based on 2 points. Your boss will buy you a blackberry. You don't want to use your phone to type.

I hope I don't need to point out the failed logic there to anyone here on the first point.

On the second, mozilla has already answered with a yet unmade concept phone. Flip down stand, keyboard projector on one side, screen projector on the other. With cloud based apps (gag) and dual 1.5 Ghz processors slated for next year. I think he made some critical assumptions based on vendor research and lacking some rather critical information.
hkwint

Nov 08, 2010
3:54 AM EDT
Already contradicted by Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-05/bank-of-america-cit...
DrDubious

Nov 08, 2010
1:59 PM EDT
Not to mention that last I heard, "Gingerbread" will support bluetooth keyboards, so typing into an Android-based device won't HAVE to involve either a tiny phone keyboard or on-screen "virtual" keyboard any more.

That pretty much eliminates the "you don't want to use your phone to type" complaint.
Steven_Rosenber

Nov 09, 2010
5:02 PM EDT
For me as a Web-focused journalist, I can tell you that all the heat out there is focused on smartphones and tablets — in short, anything that can be delivered in a monetizable "app" to a consuming public not completely averse to the notion of possibly, eventually, someday paying for content.

Mobile is growing like crazy. Desktop, not so much.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!