The last time I patched a Kernel

Story: The Linux desktop may soon be a lot fasterTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
helios

Nov 17, 2010
12:11 PM EDT
I think I singularly caused global warming and a new strain of the flu...

Even geeks hose their machines from time to time.

I think I'll wait until it gets shoe-horned into the kernel. I wouldn't want to be responsible for the next Tsunami.

h
dinotrac

Nov 17, 2010
12:21 PM EDT
I was surprised to learn that I am 5 kernel releases behind current. Guess you get complacent when things work pretty well and you've got other things to do, but...

My family relies on MythTV and interent streamed video, etc. Sure would be nice to watch the pretty HD shows over the wifi while commercial flag is going, etc, etc.

Better still - Wonder if it will help even a little with Hulu streaming? Probably not, but... Looks like I'm going to have to scratch my head a few times, and remember how to build+patch a kernel.
helios

Nov 17, 2010
4:12 PM EDT
Knowledge...pass it on.

I am continuously surprised at all the goodies I discover in a new Kernel but then again, I wait until it's dumb-and-dumber to do. I mean, I have done individual patches in the past...

Oh, the Humanity.

h
hkwint

Nov 17, 2010
7:43 PM EDT
Quoting:I think I singularly caused global warming and a new strain of the flu...

As long as you were finally able to view fullscreen Flash-vids without glitches for the first time in your life, it's OK to neglect such unimportant tiny minor details.

dino: Interesting how life becomes boring when your current kernel just works, aye?
dinotrac

Nov 17, 2010
11:05 PM EDT
Hans:

Yup.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!