Great Article!

Story: The Real Future of Linux and FOSS (Is Not Shiny Toys)Total Replies: 8
Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Dec 29, 2010
2:20 PM EDT
I could not agree more Carla;

Quoting:The future of Linux and FOSS is the same as its past, in activism. Take part, contribute, take a firm unwavering stand. Individual actions matter. Linux isn't about talented people feeding freeloaders, it's about giving power and choices back to ordinary people. If we don't take it we will lose it.

And I couldn't have said it better..
dinotrac

Dec 29, 2010
3:32 PM EDT
Carla --

I would agree with Scott on this, except that, regarding "I couldn't have said it better", would be d@mning with faint praise.

That doesn't mean FOSS cannot achieve world domination, only that we take a cue from the ancients and define our world.

In the case of FOSS, it's people smart enough, caring enough, and with the appropriate time and inclination to enjoy the fruits of many peers' and predecessors' dreams, skills, and labor and the opportunity (if one should wish) to join in and add to the orchard.
jimbauwens

Dec 29, 2010
3:43 PM EDT
I totally agree, it is so well written. Nowadays people really don't care about there freedoms, so long they can go on internet and Facebook all is fine.
Bob_Robertson

Dec 29, 2010
5:43 PM EDT
> Nowadays people really don't care about there freedoms, so long they can go on internet and Facebook all is fine.

By Cromm, that's well said.

As the local radical anarchist, I agree: People, in general, give no thoughts to the freedoms they give up every day.
ColonelPanik

Dec 29, 2010
7:46 PM EDT
Carla done good.

JaseP

Dec 30, 2010
9:41 AM EDT
Excellent article. I would love for this article to go main-stream (but it needs an edit for grammar first).
tuxchick

Dec 30, 2010
3:31 PM EDT
iBlush. Thanks!
Bob_Robertson

Dec 30, 2010
6:12 PM EDT
> iBlush.

Did you send your $.95 license fee to Steve Jobs for your use of the leading small "i"?
tuxchick

Dec 30, 2010
7:12 PM EDT
Yes Bob, wrapped around an iFinger :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!