NEED ASSISTANCE IN BUILDING OPERATING SYSTEM.

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
tuxchick

Feb 12, 2011
11:13 PM EDT
Quoting: I am looking for qualified computer programmers who can asist in a unix/linux/windows capable operating system. I am the owner of K Komputers Inc.

the OS must have linux/unix security features use a microdoft windows like kernal. a kernal that is not copyrighted by microsoft but one that is modified to handle any software installations by ms compatible software

http://rmn.craigslist.org/sys/2206683356.html
jdixon

Feb 13, 2011
12:05 AM EDT
He's obviously never heard of ReactOS.
gus3

Feb 13, 2011
6:57 PM EDT
The "kernal" was a feature unique to the Commodore 64. The rest of the computer world uses "kernels".
JaseP

Feb 14, 2011
11:04 AM EDT
ReactOS is Alpha release stuft right now. This guy would be better off with a Linux/Wine/VirtualBox setup. I personally think M$ will go after the ReactOS team for "Patent violations" as soon as it can actually run stuff reliably.

number6x

Feb 14, 2011
11:21 AM EDT
jdixon -

ReactOS would be a Microsoft like kernel, this craigslist poster would like a Microdoft like kernal.

This is a great deal different.

tuxchick

Feb 14, 2011
11:41 AM EDT
This is too bizarre to take seriously. I especially love that he wants to own the copyrights on this miraculous new operating system even though he is asking someone else to build it. But you see why he needs something custom-- it's for 63-bit systems.
hkwint

Feb 14, 2011
2:02 PM EDT
Quoting:especially love that he wants to own the copyrights on this miraculous new operating system even though he is asking someone else to build it.

Isn't that exactly what Bill Gates did with QDOS?
gus3

Feb 14, 2011
4:44 PM EDT
Quoting:it's for 63-bit systems.
Finally, we know where the evil bit is!

You cannot post until you login.