Just maybe ...

Story: Why Google does not own SkypeTotal Replies: 12
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

May 12, 2011
6:18 AM EDT
Quoting: [...]It was almost Google who owned Skype.

it was all planned by Google as a way of spending MS's cash horde needlessly ... brilliant or a viper to bite someone's behind later?

This MS shill is biased, hence, is uncertain of the outcome at this juncture, but you can bet on which entity I am backing.

As always,

YBT
tuxchick

May 12, 2011
12:22 PM EDT
You're just worried about your MS shill checks bouncing. Don't worry, they have more billions.
TxtEdMacs

May 12, 2011
1:23 PM EDT
Hey tc,

It's worse than my MS shill checks bouncing. Think about when the size of their cash horde dwindles to a mere few tens of billions and the rest tied up in short term CDs where they pay a penalty for early withdrawal. What happens is even the rubberized checks cease.

Next they will take the last batch of certified MSPs that they have screwed over and drop them into shill slots I and others worked hard to build honestly, with integrity. For example, I run Linux, albeit I can screw up any OS I built points showing how it's done. I worked hard astroturfing and shilling for MS (and others) on these forums. Now all that effort goes down the drain, complements of Google's trickery and MS incompetence (with a good portion of avarice mixed in). That's what greed gets you when you lose your edge and friends.

So tell me how am I to make some semi-honest dollars when MS cannot afford dirty tricks? Tell me, please.

As always,

YBT

jdixon

May 12, 2011
2:27 PM EDT
> So tell me how am I to make some semi-honest dollars when MS cannot afford dirty tricks? Tell me, please.

The Obama campaign is desperately going to be needing people to explain how 18% unemployment is really so much better than it was 4 years ago in a few months.

All of the announced Republican candidates for the next election need help explaining to the base that, yes, they really are electable and worth voting for.

Warren Buffet needs some help explaining away the insider trading conviction of one of his employees.

The oil companies need help explaining how their current profits aren't really out of line with the economy the rest of us are dealing with.

I'm sure there are a number of others that I haven't thought of.
TxtEdMacs

May 12, 2011
2:57 PM EDT
jd,

Thanks, I was thinking of working for the Mafia, but you have given me hope. Sophisticated gangsters that hide the rough stuff is more to my liking and is less likely to lead to jail terms. That is, if I stay away from the worse of the hedge funds gimmicks and cheats.

If you think of any others, please post them so I can apply.

As always,

YBT [for the newer readers: YBT == Your Buddy Txt.]
Fettoosh

May 12, 2011
3:26 PM EDT
Quoting:I'm sure there are a number of others that I haven't thought of.

A good start JD, It could be expanded by the Lxers making their contributions to the list and finally sending it to our senators and Representatives.

Elected officials need help explaining why they don't support a resolution to stop the $4 Billions in subsidies the oil companies get every year.

Supporters of Health Care insurance companies need help explaining why exactly they support those companies, what services do they supply us, and why do we need them.

Members of both Houses need help explaining why corporations and the rich individuals should have lower tax bracket and pay less taxes than middle class.

Many Elected officials need help explaining why they are so "chicken" and why they don't do what they promise us not what they promise the lobbyist behind closed doors.

I leave many for others to take their turn.

jdixon

May 12, 2011
4:48 PM EDT
Careful Fettoosh. I did my best not to run afoul of the no politics provisions of the TOS by tarring both parties equally with obvious problems, but I don't think your list is quite as delicate about the matter.

We don't want to get the thread closed.
Fettoosh

May 12, 2011
5:52 PM EDT
Quoting:tarring both parties equally with obvious problems

I guess you are right, what I said applies to both even though one deserves more blame than the other and depending on the issue.

Hopefully it is all fixed now.

TxtEdMacs

May 12, 2011
6:25 PM EDT
Fett... what? How about Foot Massager, that's better I can remember who you are now. && jd,

The fix is in. I will be to most ethical lobbyist in history. I will pay the agreed amount, on schedule and keep my mouth shut on the payoff amounts and the payee lists. Once bought they better stay bought, because I am required to resort to extreme measures should they develop a conscience.

Hey the money is not that bad ... the food passable, but booze ... I just have a too low tolerance so I must forgo that perk. Moreover, I tend to say and do stupid things when I approach an inebriated state. So I view it working even when it's supposed to be social. See, I am ethical and I walk a narrow path, albeit corrupt one.

As always, shillings are better than pence - any day.

YBT
jdixon

May 12, 2011
10:01 PM EDT
> Hopefully it is all fixed now.

Seems to be, yes. :) I hope mine is equally non-objectionable.

Of course, Scott is the final decision maker, but hopefully he appreciates the humor involved.
gus3

May 13, 2011
2:55 PM EDT
Scott has no humor. He's a musician.
Fettoosh

May 13, 2011
5:25 PM EDT
Quoting: How about Foot Massager

Fat chance Mr., this one can't be bought.

Foot Massager!!!? Give me a break. will yah!

tracyanne

May 13, 2011
5:33 PM EDT
Quoting:Scott has no humor. He's a musician.

I thought he was a drummer, always banging on about something.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!