"The community" can do what?

Story: 10 ways the Linux community can fix the mess on the desktopTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
tuxchick

Jun 30, 2011
9:05 PM EDT
"The community" doesn't do anything. Individual people and projects do. Who should we revolt against, aren't we The Community?

No, I'm not a fan of articles like this. They're open letters, which I think are dumb, without actually calling themselves open letters.
dinotrac

Jun 30, 2011
10:39 PM EDT
An open letter to tuxchick:

Poo.
tuxchick

Jun 30, 2011
11:50 PM EDT
Oo dino you are SO going to get it. As soon as I figure out how. Not an open letter...
dinotrac

Jul 01, 2011
3:34 AM EDT
@tc --

Maybe a paper bag? You'd still have to find my doorstep and get past my dog...
TxtEdMacs

Jul 01, 2011
8:02 AM EDT
tc,

It's easy, send it in a box. You get more volume, meaning more bang for the buck. Dino curiosity will get the better of him, with the legitimate looking return to sender sticker he will let down his guard. One hefty shake releases a non-lethal blast that guarantees you message is delivered.

Oh yes that return to sender sticker is highly flammable with extremely low residue leaving the crime labs with little more than the pungent odor. And be sure to have it reshipped from a far away state from you to lessen his suspicions.

I hope he has dropped that vial smoking habit ... one spark on that sticker and the game is up.

As always,

YBT
jdixon

Jul 01, 2011
8:13 AM EDT
> I hope he has dropped that vial smoking habit

Vile, txt. A vial smoking habit would be one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bong_glas.jpg
TxtEdMacs

Jul 01, 2011
8:33 AM EDT
jd,

That explains everything. No it doesn't, I was thinking of Ken Hess.

[serious]

Spelling error, because I was thinking "vile", but I notice a lot of my words hit the ether spelled properly for a similar sounding word but with a different meaning. On review I catch their and there being misapplied and there are others I try to catch but fail to notice.

I apologize for the error and thank you for noticing.

[/serious]

YBT
jdixon

Jul 01, 2011
8:44 AM EDT
> Spelling error, because I was thinking "vile",

Happens to us all, txt, and I usually don't bother. But in this case the meaning is so dissimilar I thought I should point it out.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!