"Windows users are a bunch of tightwads"

Story: Latest Bundle Already Pulls $100k; Here's A ContestTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
jacog

Jul 27, 2011
4:34 AM EDT
I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.302997-The-Hum...

tracyanne

Jul 27, 2011
5:05 AM EDT
No once you paid the license fee for the OS , the Anti Virus and the Firewall etc, there's not much left in the kitty, that's why Linux users can afford to pay more.
cr

Jul 27, 2011
6:49 AM EDT
...plus the periodic wash-n-rinse fees to Geek Squad to reinstall the foundations of the festering lump...
fewt

Jul 27, 2011
8:11 AM EDT
@tracyanne - Microsoft Security Essentials is free, and there is a "good enough" firewall included with Windows. Windows is normally included with the cost of a machine so unless you are buying an upgrade you don't tend to purchase Windows.

This is how Microsoft competes with "free", by making Windows appear to be free (not that it's right or wrong).

Windows users may be tight wads, but I don't believe it is because they are spending a lot on software. Linux users are spending more to prove the market exists (which is noble), once we have sufficiently proven it though I hope we keep spending money. :)
tracyanne

Jul 27, 2011
8:32 AM EDT
@ fewt, I know. An yes I hope so.
JaseP

Jul 27, 2011
9:02 AM EDT
I bought an indie bundle once, just for the principle of the thing,... Played the games a total of 15 minutes... I'm not much of a gamer any more, I guess. However, I'm satisfied with that purchase.
fewt

Jul 27, 2011
9:32 AM EDT
@JaseP I've bought all of them up to this release. They neglected to publish system requirements though, which was a significant problem with the last bundle. It seems they haven't learned from their past mistakes.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!