What, no "hello world" example

Story: A Gentle Introduction to OpenCLTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
penguinist

Aug 01, 2011
7:01 AM EDT
I don't ever recall seeing a programming language introduction without some sort of Hello World example.

I suspect that there is a lot of OpenCL interest coming from the Bitcoin enthusiasts. hmmm, maybe this language would better start with a Hello Bitcoin example.
gus3

Aug 01, 2011
9:59 AM EDT
More like a "goodbye Bitcoin" example.
helios

Aug 03, 2011
12:17 AM EDT
I've got a friend who invested in some pretty high end graphix cardz to crank out this "currency".

He started out doing well but the price has steadily fallen. He sold his vidcards on Ebay and came within a few dollars of just breaking even.

Seems Bitcoin was destined to fail.
jezuch

Aug 03, 2011
1:33 AM EDT
This whole "bitcoin mining" concept seemed like a scam to me. Until there comes a system that can be seeded in a fair and honest way, I don't think I'm interested. (Yeah, fair nad honest monetary systems. Silly me?)
JaseP

Aug 04, 2011
10:09 AM EDT
Fair, maybe,... but nobody wants an "honest" currency. That's what the whole "legal tender for all debts, public and private" is all about...
hkwint

Aug 04, 2011
2:40 PM EDT
Fair monetary systems in the era of fiat money and quantitative easing? I think it's easier for the FED/ECB to crank out new currency in a legal fashion than for bitcoin-miners in a less-legal way.

Fair money, an interesting thought, but probably not an appropriate topic for this forum.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!