Big Box Computer Store?

Story: Linux, Linux, everywhere!Total Replies: 6
Author Content
smallboxadmin

Aug 03, 2011
5:37 PM EDT
Quoting:Apple will definitely have to come up with many cool new features for the iPhone 5 to be able to compete with the Android Smartphones.
No, Apple just needs to keep making sure they have quality apps in the app store.
Quoting:Walking through a Big Box computer store today...
There are big box computer stores? Other than the Apple Store, I don't think I've been in a computer store for at least 10 years.
jdixon

Aug 03, 2011
10:42 PM EDT
> There are big box computer stores?

Best Buy and Tiger Direct come to mind.
smallboxadmin

Aug 05, 2011
11:54 AM EDT
There are no Tiger Direct stores in California, and I wouldn't classify Best Buy, Fry's, etc. as a Big Box computer stores.
jdixon

Aug 05, 2011
9:23 PM EDT
> I wouldn't classify Best Buy, Fry's, etc. as a Big Box computer stores.

Fry's, maybe not. But what would you classify Best Buy as? They're hardly a general electronics retailer.
theboomboomcars

Aug 06, 2011
4:45 PM EDT
The best buy we have here would be a general electronics store, they sell computers, tvs, car audio, appliances, cameras, and pretty much anything else that needs electricity to operate,
jdixon

Aug 06, 2011
11:14 PM EDT
> The best buy we have here would be a general electronics store...

I don't believe the ones I've seen carry appliances. They do carry some limited audio/video stuff, but nowhere near what the local Circuit City did, from memory.
tmx

Aug 07, 2011
1:43 AM EDT
Here in US MicroCenter is a pretty good selections, even an Apple section, and they sell Free and PC-BSD dics, but only have few location around the country. Office Depot has some stuff. But I never buy from box store since you can get everything cheaper online. And I have yet to shop any electronic store with better service than Amazon, especially on getting full refunds.

Also I recommend no one to ever stop in Best Buy. There are already some documentation about their practices such as: http://www.overclock.net/windows/569458-microsoft-attack-lin... and http://consumerist.com/2007/07/video-consumerist-catches-gee... But the last time I went in there first time in couple years and come back later trying to return an item. Forced to wait 20 minutes while they rewind the camera tape to see if I actually did brought the item through the door from outside, even though I have the receipt.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!