more parc

Story: Windows entry disappeared in Grub2 menuTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
nikkels

Oct 19, 2011
2:24 AM EDT
The article is OK, Thanks a lot, but my reference to parc is simply that this should not happen in the first place.

On my test comp I have installed a few other distros with grub2 and so far, nothing but parc. So, here comes the very famous......If linux want to have market share...da da da
cabreh

Oct 19, 2011
3:02 AM EDT
parc: Palo Alto Research Center?

I've been using grub2 for quite a long time without any issues. On both single and dual boot system. If Windows is on the drive it always gets detected and set up. Now, I don't go in for multi-boot systems. Perhaps there are issues with that which I have no experience with.
r_a_trip

Oct 19, 2011
3:27 AM EDT
@Cabreh

I might be wrong, but you might have the issue backwards :-)
cabreh

Oct 19, 2011
4:00 AM EDT
I wasn't quite sure exactly the intent of nikkels post. That's why I asked about parc. I was just stating in reference to the original article that I hadn't seen any issues of Windows disappearing. So, I was wondering if it was the object between keyboard and screen that was the issue with the lixuxaria article.
gus3

Oct 19, 2011
7:45 AM EDT
I think the desired acronym is PEBKAC: Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.
JaseP

Oct 19, 2011
9:14 AM EDT
@gus3:

I love that one,... I'll have to use it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!