Good news for Ubuntu fans

Story: Ubuntu Has a Google+ Page NowTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
r_a_trip

Nov 09, 2011
4:45 AM EDT
Alas, that doesn't include me anymore. I dropped that Canonical product after the "Buttons stay on the left!" fiasco. Which was fortunate as it saved me the Unity mess.

I wonder how many former Ubuntu users also thought "Meh".
lcafiero

Nov 09, 2011
3:04 PM EDT
I wouldn't exactly stop the presses for this particular item. This is probably the biggest yawner of the decade, since on the day that story was posted, Google+ allowed groups to have pages. So Ubuntu joins just about every other group on the entire planet starting a page on Google+ and posting it to various circles. I got about 200 invites for groups on Google+ that day, Ubuntu being one of them.
helios

Nov 09, 2011
3:27 PM EDT
"This is probably the biggest yawner of the decade"

Buzz not withstanding...
tracyanne

Nov 09, 2011
4:41 PM EDT
I have a google+ page too.
JaseP

Nov 09, 2011
5:32 PM EDT
Quoting: I have a google+ page too.

And probably more hits, given their falling stats at Distrowatch...
Steven_Rosenber

Nov 09, 2011
5:36 PM EDT
Now that non-people (companies, brands, products, interests) can get a Google+ page, everybody is making announcements like this.
Koriel

Nov 10, 2011
1:17 AM EDT
I have a Google+ page looks like im unique just like millions of others :)
flufferbeer

Nov 10, 2011
2:31 AM EDT
@Steven_Rosenber and Koriel,

Absolutely spot on! Like Facebook, you don't have to actually get PEOPLE to actually _use_ Google+, you just have to temporarily get those "non-people" to throw up G+ pages for just enough status-symbol time until the next "big thing" comes around. IIRC, the 1st static-type all-HTML webpages were the first status symbols to become big in this regard.

Just my 2c here.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!