Untitled

Story: Linux Market Share On Desktop Increased By About 50% In 2011Total Replies: 3
Author Content
nikkels

Jan 06, 2012
2:03 AM EDT
Of course it's up with 50% . Me and my friends visited that site every day , with a different distro, with a different IP address. Say thanks, all of you !!!!!!!!!

Serious.......I do appreciate the effort, but no matter what you do, chances are that you are out with a 500%.

OK , back to work !!!!!!!
JaseP

Jan 06, 2012
10:30 AM EDT
When M$ used an internal figure of 5-7%,... And they're the competition, ... I'm inclined to defer to their numbers.
caitlyn

Jan 06, 2012
4:09 PM EDT
Every time I've written on this subject I've explained why web counters are useless for determining, well... anything accurately. Yet articles like this keep getting published. Heck, Ken Hess is more accurate than web counters.
tracyanne

Jan 06, 2012
7:38 PM EDT
Unfortunately these are the stats that commercial developers listen to. I've just gone through this exercise with a developer of an application that helps break down a tune so one can learn it or practice to it.

As far as he is concerned Android is a better market than desktop Linux. Which means he won't even bother giving the WINE people any information to help them make his application usable on Linux.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!