1.3 is a bit buggy

Story: Howto- Install Cinnamon on Fedora, LinuxMint, Ubuntu(PPA) and opensuseTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
montezuma

Feb 19, 2012
11:01 AM EDT
I have been using cinnamon without issue for 2 months but this version broke badly. Clem says there will be a bugfix early next week so it might be worth waiting to upgrade.
number6x

Feb 19, 2012
11:11 AM EDT
1.3 is working fine for me.

I had trouble with the coverflow alt+tab extension crashing when switching applications. I disabled the extension and do not see errors when using normal alt+tab.

What kind of problems did you have with 1.3? What video card do you have (I have intel 965gm)?
montezuma

Feb 19, 2012
11:34 AM EDT
I was using the 2 panel layout and all the lower panel objects (window list and workspace switcher) got moved to the upper panel and could not be moved back down. Also the menu and app launchers on the upper panel got shunted to the right and could not be moved. I had to resort to dconf-editor to fix everything up again. Also alt-f2 stopped working....

I am using nvidia.
Fettoosh

Feb 19, 2012
12:29 PM EDT
Quoting:1.3 is a bit buggy

It is part of the growing pains, which every new thing suffers from with various levels and will eventually go away.

montezuma

Feb 19, 2012
2:44 PM EDT
Fettoosh,

Well of course! I'm simply warning others of my specific experience. Call it a service......not a complaint.
number6x

Feb 19, 2012
4:48 PM EDT
The nvdia problem seems to have hit a lot of people

see here for advice: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=94842&star...

definitely a buggy release for nvdia users. Hopefully they add a few more test machines to their test bed because of this.

I thinks it is moving in the right direction. More configuration options being added and less reliance on dconf. There is still a long way to go, but the community of Cinnamon users seems to keep growing.

I also note that the gnome team seems to be taking the fallback mode seriously and is adding more functionality.

Maybe user demand is actually having an affect!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!