Great Leadership..

Story: Torvalds Drops F-Bomb on NvidiaTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
kennethh

Jun 26, 2012
6:32 PM EDT
This is the guy who recently won some abc award + money? The two leading geeks of gnu/linux have aged in so many ways, let's put stallman & torvalds out to pasture and choose people that can constructively work with f'rs & non-f'rs alike and in a constructive way that doesn’t let emotional temper tantrums and political ideologies interfere, which seems to be the issue that these two gentlemen always get headlined about.

It's beyond old, it has become pathetic.
gus3

Jun 26, 2012
7:23 PM EDT
Quoting:in a constructive way that doesn’t let... political ideologies interfere
Tell that to nVidia. It goes both ways.
Koriel

Jun 26, 2012
7:53 PM EDT
I prefer folks who tell it like it is, than wrap it up in niceties those sort of people I just don't trust and never will. I always feel they are trying to hide something.

Hopefully Linus will continue as he is, he may well get it wrong sometimes but his message is loud, clear and succinct.

Steven_Rosenber

Jun 27, 2012
10:27 AM EDT
Will GPU compute mean graphics companies have more of an incentive to support Linux?
JaseP

Jun 27, 2012
11:27 AM EDT
I'm with Koriel on this,... Linus is a far cry from Stallman in terms of personality. Stallman reminds you of the chubby computer geek from the old movie "War Games," while Linus is more like a regular guy... So, I cannot agree with anything that lumps them together. Linus sure steps in it from time to time, but he's a reasonable guy. Stallman is like a stopped clock,... right twice a day, but otherwise way off base...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!