Link

Story: Big-time gaming coming to LinuxTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
Ridcully

Nov 07, 2012
4:57 PM EDT
Here you go, the link to SJVN's article was not working when first posted:

http://www.zdnet.com/big-time-gaming-coming-to-linux-7000006...

SJVN seems to be taking pretty much the same line I took earlier on the Game changer thread in that this move by Steam is a possible huge boost to popularity of the Linux desktop. I'll get it in first.... Meh ???? :-)

Naaaah.....the prosecution rests m'Lud.

Edit update......What is interesting though is that SJVN equates this rise in popularity with the fact that he sees Win8 as a "black hole" for gaming and then details other companies like NVidia partnering with Valve to bring new high speed video drivers onto the Linux platform specifically for gaming. Now when big firms see Linux as the gaming desktop solution then I tend to accept that changes are afoot.....nope, afeet....I think this may happen rather rapidly.
Scott_Ruecker

Nov 07, 2012
6:13 PM EDT
Fixed, sorry for delay. I swear it had a good link when I put it in the future queue.

:-)
Ridcully

Nov 07, 2012
6:17 PM EDT
Hey, no worries Scott, these things happen. Glad to have helped. On the very rare chance I get to do this in the future, I'll add a few more explanatory words - "Link" doesn't really say much, but it goes give you a hint that there's a hiccup.
jdixon

Nov 07, 2012
6:33 PM EDT
So how long before we see a dedicated Linux gaming console being sold at Best Buy? Probably not being called Linux, of course.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!