What happened to your anti-Fuduntu bias, TC?

Story: Happy Second Anniversary Fuduntu!Total Replies: 11
Author Content
caitlyn

Nov 11, 2012
3:05 PM EDT
I seem to remember someone, in some thread, claiming you had a strong anti-Fuduntu bias. Didn't you even call for boycotting the distro? Now you're posting Fuduntu stories. OK, what happened?
Fettoosh

Nov 13, 2012
12:34 PM EDT
I don't think @TC takes things personally. She is much more than that.

gus3

Nov 13, 2012
1:34 PM EDT
It's just business. </corleone>
Steven_Rosenber

Nov 13, 2012
2:02 PM EDT
There's no conspiracy afoot at LXer. Nobody has the time or energy for that sort of thing.

Fettoosh

Nov 13, 2012
2:21 PM EDT
@caitlyn,

Adding a smiley at the end would have been helpful to remove any doubts about your true intention.

caitlyn

Nov 14, 2012
6:25 PM EDT
Fettoosh: You're right and I apologize for not doing that in the first place. I think folks who have been around here a while know I have a lot of respect for Carla. She's actually the person who got me started blogging for O'Reilly way back when. I would never have posted what I did if I believed she would take it seriously.

I don't believe in any conspiracy theories, either, Steven.
Scott_Ruecker

Nov 15, 2012
12:55 AM EDT
I have a conspiracy..

I conspire to make people love LXer..yeah I said out loud even! Does admitting this publicly make me look brave? lol.
tuxchick

Nov 15, 2012
2:34 AM EDT
Dang, I miss all the fun! Now even if I had a clever reply it's too late. *cry*
jdixon

Nov 15, 2012
7:11 AM EDT
I'm still perplexed by that interaction.

I mean, the clique part is somewhat understandable. Most of us have been here for quite a while, some back to the early Linux Today days. Many of us know each other personally or professionally. And we've traded exchanges and occasional barbs long enough that it might seem like a clique to an outsider who doesn't have that history.

I don't think it is, as it seems to me to be open to anyone, but I can see how the perception could arise.

But the conspiracy idea is bizarre. Everyone involved told him that barring intervention by Scott, the queue is automated and everyone has experienced the same delays. He just didn't want to believe us.
alc

Nov 16, 2012
10:12 AM EDT
" Everyone involved told him that barring intervention by Scott, the queue is automated and everyone has experienced the same delays."

That just tells me that everyone is in on it. -)
caitlyn

Nov 16, 2012
1:09 PM EDT
That's it. It's a universal conspiracy involving everyone but Andrew and me. How on earth did I miss that? :)
tracyanne

Nov 17, 2012
4:21 AM EDT
You were looking the other way caitlyn

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!