There is more to it

Story: Don't forget to blame the little guy for screwing Linux over.Total Replies: 3
Author Content
ubuuser

Apr 16, 2013
9:25 PM EDT
In my country you can buy Linux laptops in almost all shops now a days. In fact Linux laptops are deployed in same scale or even more than windows laptops. When I was buying my laptop few years back there were OpenSUSE laptops. Since those devices were limited in the spec I required, I bought one with FreeDOS. FreeDOS has been used as the alternate OS to limit Windows licensing fee.

They display Linux laptops, but when you start discussing about the laptop as a potential buyer, first thing they say is, they will reformat it with pirated copy of windows.

JaseP

Apr 17, 2013
11:56 AM EDT
What country, may I ask?!?!
Koriel

Apr 17, 2013
12:10 PM EDT
Even in my country of origin the UK, I was buying Desktop PC's pretty much OS free they sometimes included Dos at the time now they offer it completely OS free and knock £60 of the price.

And they have been doing this for years even before linux became popular and all you wanted to do is just use a copy of windows that you already had lying around, so if your in the UK and looking for an OS free purchase then check out here http://www.scan.co.uk

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with them other than being one of their past happy customers I wish they had a US based branch as I think what they offer is better than even Newegg.
Francy

Apr 18, 2013
4:19 AM EDT
@ubuuser

As I live in one of 'those' countries, I think you misunderstood. They say:they will reformat it with pirated copy of windows. They mean:they will reformat it with pirated copy of windows if you want it so ! :-)

@JaseP Thailand-Indonesia-Maleisia-Laos- even Vietnam. On my tour through South America, it wasn't that much different.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!