Untitled

Story: Yahoo: $1.1 Billion Tumblr Buyout Blunder?Total Replies: 3
Author Content
gary_newell

May 21, 2013
3:33 AM EDT
ITV bought Friends Reunited. (Anyone still use Friends Reunited?, did anyone use it?)

Newscorp bought MySpace in 2005. (Anyone still use MySpace?)

I think it is worth taking a punt at Tumblr but $1 billion is a big punt and unless they have some massive patent that I don't know about then it is hard to see how Yahoo will get their money back on the deal.

Then again Yahoo have picked up in recent years with Yahoo Answers finally giving them a niche to focus on.

thenixedreport

May 21, 2013
10:19 AM EDT
It'll be another toy like Geocities was and then they'll drop it. If they turn around and surprise me, all the better.
Fettoosh

May 21, 2013
10:51 AM EDT
I think this guy must be the nephew of a high level executive/ big shareholder/ on the board of Yahoo. :-)

caitlyn

May 21, 2013
4:01 PM EDT
MySpace has become a delivery system for musicians. I do use it now and again. For example, I listened to some tracks from Shlomit Levy's solo debut on it and decided I really liked what I heard. So, yes, I use MySpace. Whether their new business model can work is still questionable.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!