Sensationalism without substance

Story: Is Canonical Ltd. Financially Insolvent?Total Replies: 6
Author Content
caitlyn

May 29, 2013
7:19 PM EDT
First, as Mr. Schmitz himself points out, he has not seen a full P&L statement, making this pretty much meaningless. Second, Mr. Shuttleworth is a multibillionaire last I heard, which means he can cover Canonical's losses for precisely as long as he wishes to do so.

Nothing to see here, move along.
Dietrich

May 29, 2013
9:13 PM EDT
@caitlyn,

Oh, that is funny. The readers here might think you are angry at me, even though you aren't. Right? Of course you aren't. That's what you told me, Yes?

Seriously, Caitlyn, do the math. Liabilities + Assets is < 0.

I'll wait while you run a tape calculation (taps fingers......)

Yes? Yes! That's insolvency. Score one for Dietrich! High five! ah hem.

So, those numbers are indeed theirs and they don't lie. Ergo, no sensationalism in that.

Alright then. I think that settles it. Feel better. --Dietrich

caitlyn

May 29, 2013
10:44 PM EDT
I have nothing against you. I am not angry at you. Score one? Not hardly. No sensationalism? You talk about Canonical like it's on it's last legs when it's really a play toy for a multibillionaire. What part of that do you not understand?

Dietrich, I defended you from being attacked on my blog. The only comments I deleted were personal attacks against you. However, if you really do want to lose credibility with me you're doing it very well right here.
henke54

May 30, 2013
5:05 AM EDT
i (newbie2) posted this article-link on the English ubuntu forum : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2149655 ... seems like caitlyn 'has more fans' dietrich ... ;-)
Dietrich

May 30, 2013
8:26 AM EDT
@Caitlyn,

Credibility? Please. You are overcompensating. At this juncture, your opinion of me doesn't matter.

You might redeem yourself by removing the post but you are much too worried about your own credibility.

--Dietrich
vainrveenr

May 30, 2013
10:25 AM EDT
In regards to the second comment in this thread and the previous comment, that particular commentator and perhaps one or more LXer editors may wish to remind themselves of this pair of snippets quoted verbatim from the LXer 'Terms of Service' found at http://lxer.com/module/pages/v/12/:

Quoting:6. Do not place any material on our service that could be considered offensive, indecent, abusive, hateful, harassing, libelous, profane, vulgar or unlawful. Our audience tends to be professional in nature, and we have the right, but not the obligation, to remove, edit, or relocate any content that we feel violates the standards of our site. Because of the real-time nature of our forums, it is not always possible for us to remove offensive material immediately.

Quoting:10. Web Market. may terminate member accounts and delete any and all account information at any time, without notice, for conduct that violates these guidelines or for any conduct that LXer believes is harmful to the business of LXer, or to any of its users or partners.

Indeed, it is even conceivable that the recent conduct of that particular commentator will certainly not help the "business of LXer, or [that of] any of its users or partners."

thenixedreport

May 30, 2013
10:53 AM EDT
Keep in mind that Canonical is an international company, so those UK filings aren't going to tell the full story.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!