Useless article

Story: Divergence in the distros: how the Linux community is splitting into a two-tier systemTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
linux4567

Jun 13, 2013
7:12 PM EDT
Don't bother reading the article it's a lot of hot air and no substance.
seatex

Jun 13, 2013
10:23 PM EDT
Oops.... I read it before I saw your warning, and I can't get those minutes back.
Francy

Jun 13, 2013
11:07 PM EDT
@linux4567

Your message is the surest way to get us to read the article anyway.

Who doesn't like hot air ?
BernardSwiss

Jun 13, 2013
11:32 PM EDT
Is ballooning becoming a popular sport, once again?
darkduck

Jun 14, 2013
12:16 PM EDT
@linux4567: thanks for the cobra effect! :)
Fettoosh

Jun 14, 2013
1:22 PM EDT
Quoting:thanks for the cobra effect!

I believe the cobra effect doesn't hold true among those who are familiar with the site.

Personally, when I saw "Posted by darkduck , Linux notes from DarkDuck" in the header, I just ignored it totally. I am sure many others did the same.

Koriel

Jun 14, 2013
2:37 PM EDT
Yep, I ignored it automatically.
TxtEdMacs

Jun 14, 2013
5:45 PM EDT
I refuse, on principle, to comment.

YBT

P.S. editted
darkduck

Jun 16, 2013
5:57 PM EDT
@Fettoosh, Then, you're so different from those 4.5k people who did click and read the article.

Some of them even left comments. I must admit, their comments are much more useful than all the cr@p LXer residents leave on this site. :)
Steven_Rosenber

Jun 16, 2013
7:13 PM EDT
+1 for asbestos boxers
Fettoosh

Jun 16, 2013
8:53 PM EDT
Quoting:Then, you're so different from those 4.5k people who did click and read the article.

I doubt your figures. Any how, I assure you the far majority of them know better for next time not to visit your site again.

lietkynes

Jun 17, 2013
2:23 AM EDT
I think I am going to stop reading any linux articles unless they are news (in a strict sense) or tutorials. I don't really have an opinion on the author, and I didn't read this article. However, his alienating blanket statement in his last comment sounds childish to me. Maybe Schmitz is not the exception, but the rule.

If you can't take the good from the comments of other people, no matter how nasty, then you really have yourself an awkward situation in your hands. People who write linux need to learn how to filter criticism to actually help them write. If you want me to take your intellectual work seriously, act in a more mature manner.

Finally, please understand that 4.5k clicks does not prove your worth. Granted, it translates to revenue, but it is a horrible measure of relevance. It seems to be a recurring boast with so little worth.
Koriel

Jun 18, 2013
6:19 PM EDT
@lietkynes

+1

And glad to see that Lxer is read even on Arrakis

linux4567

Jun 20, 2013
12:15 AM EDT
> Personally, when I saw "Posted by darkduck , Linux notes from DarkDuck" in the header, I just ignored it totally.

I wouldn't go that far, I quite enjoyed the interview with Anne from Mageia that was published yesterday on darkduck.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!