Why is this drivel on lxer?

Story: With the App Store, Apple changed everythingTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
lietkynes

Jul 11, 2013
12:03 PM EDT
Sorry, but why is this drivel on lxer? Not a single mention of Linux. There are other sites to read blind odes to apple cr@pware. Yet again, this is about popularity rather than innovation. The app store brought nothing new and has changed nothing of real importance.

I'm glad you like the app store...but spare me the irrelevant article about a company that does nothing but cr@p on the computing and technology community.

A lame article. Were it a horse, it would have already been shot.
dag

Jul 11, 2013
6:59 PM EDT
apple is loosly based on bsd, which is a lot like unix which is also what linux is based on. there are many who consider there apple to be linux actually. I consider lineage yet distinct differences where father is unix brother is bsd and apple is the bastard;)

lietkynes

Jul 11, 2013
10:11 PM EDT
I hope you understand on how many levels what you said makes no sense/is horribly wrong. I'll leave it at that...
gus3

Jul 12, 2013
5:18 PM EDT
With Apple being based on BSD, and WinNT being heavily influenced by VMS, it's just the same war fought by new generals.

And then of course there's IBM....

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!