Bad publicity

Story: Canonical “abused trademark law” to target a site critical of Ubuntu privacyTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
montezuma

Nov 08, 2013
10:18 AM EDT
Canonical are rather sensitive and risking a backlash here by being bully boys. Overbearing tactics like this don't sit well in the Open Source world. Perhaps though such folks are no longer the Canonical target audience. If not then who is? The apple crowd? The android crowd? Mystifying what Shuttleworth is up to at present.
flufferbeer

Nov 08, 2013
11:27 AM EDT
@monte,

Dunno, maybe $huttleworth2much is taking a page right out of the the old Macro$uck's workbook? Anyone here still remember Bully Ballmer's famously charismatic "Developers, Developers, Developers" rant? No doubt in my mind that Newlly prolific Baboontu fanbois here and elsewhere will jump to rationalize away Canicomical's OWN bully boy ways!

2c
flufferbeer

Dec 12, 2013
3:36 PM EDT
A new article on Canicomical's CONTINUING bully boy ways is one by Jim Lynch that they may be trying to force Linux Mint to license Ubuntu binary packages through some behind-the-scenes FUD. To Whit, this also adds onto their carefully-interjected FUD about Mint's security policy, stability, and up-to-dateness. Most of this ALSO out of Macro$uck's workbook --- currently cloaked in legal language and technospeak!

2 more c's
DrGeoffrey

Dec 12, 2013
6:55 PM EDT
Mint should have finished their move to a strictly debian base that they started with LMDE. Unfortunately, they decided to devote their resources to the creation of a new desktop interface. Don't get me wrong, I find Cinnamon impressive and immeasurably better than Unity. But, do they have the resources available now to switch away from Ubuntu?

I wonder.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!