No references to Lumpis Linux

Story: Lumpis Linux: A Windows Users Dream if I Ever Did See OneTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
cmost

Jan 03, 2014
7:59 PM EDT
How is Lumpis Linux a Windows user's dream come true when I can find absolutely no references to Lumpis Linux other than this article. Something isn't right.
skelband

Jan 03, 2014
8:03 PM EDT
I think "Lumpis" was a corruption of Linux as used by the guy's dad. I don't think it exists in practice.
jdixon

Jan 03, 2014
10:01 PM EDT
I assumed it was a misspelling and it actually meant Linpus Linux, which does exist.
BernardSwiss

Jan 03, 2014
11:00 PM EDT
Didn't the article specifically identify ZorinOS ?
mbaehrlxer

Jan 03, 2014
11:03 PM EDT
i also read it as a misnaming by the guy's dad. that's part of what makes the story funny. he knows so little about linux, he doesn't even know how it is called.

i seriously hope though that he doesn't feel betrayed when he finds out the truth.

btw, "lump" in german is "scoundrel", sounds like an apt name for something that disguises itself as something else as well as for the thing it disguises itself as in this case, so "lumpis linux" would be a great name for a distribution that pretends to be windows. someone should totally make that :-)

greetings, eMBee.
CFWhitman

Jan 06, 2014
10:52 AM EDT
Yes, "Lumpis" is just what the father of the person in the article (Nick) called Linux. There is no such thing as Lumpis Linux. The point is that he was able to put in a somewhat disguised Linux machine for the person and he was reasonably happy with the result. I can't really say I approve, but I am curious as to the eventual outcome.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!