A bit too minimal for me

Story: Polari — a minimal IRC client for FedoraTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
penguinist

May 28, 2014
3:18 PM EDT
Well, I just checked out Polari and the first thing I noticed is that line wrapping is not handled well. Secondly, the only way I found to scroll in the content window was with the mouse wheel. That would be tedious if you had a bunch of content to review.

It looks like my trusty irssi/screen setup will continue to be the way I monitor my favorite freenode channels. It lacks no capabilities, scrolls in page size chunks, and can be remotely accessed via an ssh connection from anywhere.

The only downside with irssi is that you do have to learn a few commands. Maybe that's where Polari will find its fit, with people who don't like to learn commands and prefer to communicate in small one line phrases. :-)

For me its: yum erase polari
notbob

May 28, 2014
5:17 PM EDT
I use/love irssi, BUT! .....find it even more maddening and obscure than bitchX. Documentation is every bit as scarce and makes zero sense. I don't get the whole "set" thing and when looking for an easy way to edit the ~/.irssi/config file, I'm even more lost. Somehow I've managed to make it work and when set up properly, it rocks. Hopefully, my default server and chat room will not change anytime soon. ;)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!