Chrome who?

Story: Peppermint Five Linux Brings the Cloud to Linux Desktop Total Replies: 13
Author Content
notbob

Jun 30, 2014
5:16 PM EDT
Silly me. I was laboring under the delusion that Gobble's Chrome OS did precisely that. "Brings the Cloud to Linux Desktop". Or was that Amazon? No doubt I've suffered another senior moment. ;)
mbaehrlxer

Jul 01, 2014
12:28 AM EDT
notbob: with your name you should be aware that there doesn't need to be only one who is not bob. there are many people out there that are not bob, for example have you noticed, that i am not bob either?

surely then, why shouldn't there be more than one way to bring the cloud to the linux desktop?

or have i got it all wrong and you are the only one notbob out there?

that must be it, except you, we are all bob! and bob is your uncle too!

greetings, bob.
notbob

Jul 01, 2014
9:31 AM EDT
You obviously don't get it. I'm not bob. ;)
tuxchick

Jul 01, 2014
11:36 AM EDT
What do you call a man with no arms and no legs in a swimming pool?

Bob.
TxtEdMacs

Jul 01, 2014
12:04 PM EDT
The Black Knight

However, wouldn't all that armor make him sink notbob?
bob

Jul 02, 2014
8:13 AM EDT
There is only one bob.
NoDough

Jul 02, 2014
9:04 AM EDT
bob, bobby, bobbo, bobbin, shish kebob, thingamabob, bobsled, bobcat, bobwhite, bobtail, bobble
TxtEdMacs

Jul 02, 2014
10:22 AM EDT
>> There is only one bob.

All Hail The One & Only Bob.

Knell before your superiors you boobs of bob or not
mrider

Jul 02, 2014
2:52 PM EDT
What would make this fun would be if "bob" and "notbob" were the same person IRL. :P
gus3

Jul 02, 2014
3:32 PM EDT
Microsoft Bob.
notbob

Jul 02, 2014
9:13 PM EDT
I'm seriously considering changing my nick to knotbob. Knot the least reason of which, I find myself more and more tied up in knots. Fishing, hand sewing repair, closet sailor, etc. Besides, it seems the only nick that works on a buncha social medias, my original notbob's password having been lost/forgotten a dozen times.
bob

Jul 02, 2014
11:15 PM EDT
Quoting:What would make this fun would be if "bob" and "notbob" were the same person

I can assure you that I am notnotbob.
TxtEdMacs

Jul 03, 2014
7:02 AM EDT
Quoting:I can assure you that I am notnotbob.

Very suspicious ... look a 50% overlap in the code of their aliases. This can only be solved by scientific experimentation, not blind inferences based on dubious words alone.

Somebody, anybody find a pool and throw* bob in. Then if he sinks we know he has been dissembling and he is indeed notbob, despite his words to the contrary. If he bobs pull him out knowing he speaks the truth.

There is your unequivocal answer.

* Instructions to Thrower: Please take any armor off his chest. Otherwise we might have an ambiguous result. [edit] Take off the helmet, if he is wearing it too. Sorry forgot that. Pull him out if he already sank and throw him back in sans the helmet to rerun the test properly.
bob

Jul 03, 2014
10:38 AM EDT
... but will he parse?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!