Two Sided

Story: Comcast Continues To Pretend To Support Net Neutrality With Misleading ClaimsTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
seatex

Sep 13, 2014
9:56 AM EDT
Comcast and Microsoft are of the same ilk. Both speak with forked tongues. I am so sick of these big corporarations trying to deceive the public and spin their own lies and manipulations.

I am a pro-business guy with a BBA in Management. But I also paid attention in my business ethics classes.
jdixon

Sep 13, 2014
11:56 AM EDT
> But I also paid attention in my business ethics classes.

You'll never get anywhere in business with that kind of attitude. :)
seatex

Sep 13, 2014
12:15 PM EDT
> You'll never get anywhere in business with that kind of attitude. :)

Yes, I'll never be as rich as the unscrupulous money grubbers out there. But, I have a conscience (now viewed as an impairment) and have to sleep at night.
rnturn

Sep 13, 2014
1:11 PM EDT
@seatex: A lot of management seems to be populated by folks who are unfamiliar with the concept. Remember the call for more ethics content in business classes following the Enron scandal? Doesn't seem to have had much effect on some. Either that or those classes must be an elective in most business schools.
flufferbeer

Sep 13, 2014
3:56 PM EDT
@seatex,

>> Both speak with forked tongues. I am so sick of these big corporarations trying to deceive the public and spin their own lies and manipulations.

And who among us can really forget about the big hoopdeedah over the last few months when Comcast Support essentially THREW its customers Ryan Block and Tim Davis to the dogs!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2454222/listen-to-the-comcast...

http://mashable.com/2014/08/11/comcast-customer-service-reco...

2c
seatex

Sep 14, 2014
8:33 AM EDT
One simple rule that should have never been broken...

Congress shall pass no law which does not apply equally to everyone. Obama laughs at this, BTW.

And "everyone" includes companies and politicians as well.

It is not the president's or congress' role to pick winners and losers, or to decide which of those are subject to our laws.

Net neutrality's biggest threat has always basically been corrupt politicians, who give favors for contributions.
Bob_Robertson

Sep 15, 2014
8:26 AM EDT
> Net neutrality's biggest threat has always basically been corrupt politicians

If the lists of dead are any indication, then humanity's biggest threat is politicians.

After mosquitoes.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!