Isn't this what Disk Utility is for?

Story: dd Utility - Write and Backup Operating System IMG files on Memory Card with Mac OS XTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
AwesomeTux

Feb 26, 2015
7:53 AM EDT
Firstly, this article is not about an Open Source program or Linux -- unless you extend your definition of "Linux" to include anything related to GNU such as dd and BASH, and consider a BASH script with numerous calls to a proprietary AppleScript program "Open Source".

Secondly, this "dd Utility" is just a BASH script that does one of the many tasks Apple's "Disk Utility" (as well as GNOME Disk Utility) already does.

I fail to see the benefit.
Steven_Rosenber

Feb 26, 2015
4:00 PM EDT
It discusses dd, a Unix/linux utility, so even though the article is coming from an OS X perspective, the fact that it's a command-line program that is free software is enough to pass the LXer smell test.
linux4567

Feb 26, 2015
10:15 PM EDT
AwesomeTux is right, this article is off-topic on LXer. The more irrelevant articles like this one get published here the less useful LXer becomes for me as I have to spend more and more time trying to locate the interesting articles among the off-topic stuff.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!