Status quo will prevail

Story: Privacy Is PersonalTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
nmset

Jul 02, 2015
3:53 PM EDT
The author is right throughout his article, I'm sure he also knows that the masses don't feel concerned by anything they don't or can't or don't want to see, even if it's their private affairs. People like most of us here will have a hard time crawling against the waves. What I want to say is... well nothing special... it will be business as usual, the masses need leaders (Lenin).
penguinist

Jul 05, 2015
9:23 AM EDT
Somehow we seem to have produced a generation of sheep. It seems that the ability to think critically and independently has somehow jumped off the track.

Sometimes I wonder what role commercial television plays in "thought leadership". I personally seldom watch commercial tv, but when I do (once every year or two) I sense a subtle tension trying to pull on my point of view.

One encouraging thing to remember is that: One critical and independent thinker with the ability and will to articulate has more influence than 10,000 couch potatoes. (Penguinist, 2015)
albinard

Jul 05, 2015
10:11 AM EDT
Yes, but only when such a thinker is able to persuade the 10,000 couch potatoes to vote!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!