... where difficult conversations aren't so hard

Story: Create a culture where difficult conversations aren't so hardTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
tuppp

Oct 07, 2015
3:37 AM EDT
Wonder if Whitehurst has ever had a difficult conversation regarding how Red Hat's systemd is screwing the rest of the Linux world.

Wow... I hadn't realized it before, but opensource.com is actually Red Hat, and it's editorial staff is a bunch of Red Hat creeps. What a sham.

Oct 07, 2015
6:10 AM EDT
What lovely timing, just as Sharp has raised another stink about the LKML.

Oh and thanks _tuppp for taking a closer look at the site. I really should have noticed the logo to right before, as the site was giving me the oddest impression already.

Frankly given what has been going on as of late, it would not surprise me of if a "professional" fork of Linux gets announced soon. Ostensibly under the purview of the Linux Foundation, but with maintenance handed to a board of corporate reps.

Their first order of business will probably be to fast track kdbus, and announce that systemd is their only supported init. Oh and probably roll in those UEFI secure boot changes that Torvalds refused.

I really miss the RH of Ewing and Young.
jdixon

Oct 07, 2015
9:32 AM EDT
> Wow... I hadn't realized it before, but opensource.com is actually Red Hat,

I believe it's always been a Red hat site.

> I really miss the RH of Ewing and Young.

Yeah. I need t find my share certificate for my 15 shares of Red Hat stock. I think it's a bit past time to sell it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!