I would turn in my award..

Story: Women Dominate 2016’s O’Reilly Open Source AwardsTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
theBeez

Jun 01, 2016
11:06 AM EDT
.. since this smells like I'd been given it because I'm a woman, not because I did really great things.
dotmatrix

Jun 01, 2016
2:29 PM EDT
I don't think I have any problems with any of the people given awards. I can't really claim to know very much about any of them... however, I can't claim that I know very much about most people -- let alone specific persons within certain Open Source groups.

That being said, I still know very little about the people given awards... like, why was the award awarded? And what these people do or did, specifically, within and for Open Source that is different or 'better' than other people.

Of the awardees, it seems to me ... in my extremely non-expert view ... that Maírín Duffy is clearly doing a lot for Open Source and FOSS specifically through her use of Inkscape and other open sourced graphics tools to do UX design work... this was mentioned in the awards video, as well as a quick ddg lookup.

I guess there are just too many people doing too many good things to figure out which persons should be given awards and which may not yet be so honored.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!