Just what is needed

Story: Expanding Mozilla's BoardsTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
HappyTux

Jun 16, 2016
8:44 PM EDT
more bureaucratic BS. Christ just concentrate on making a good browser for a change instead of always chasing the new shinny approach they have taken the last few years. Making changes for nothing but messing the users about as far as I can tell, it is just sad the state of development these days.
penguinist

Jun 16, 2016
9:14 PM EDT
I agree Happy. I am still using Firefox as my primary browser but I miss the "old days" when Firefox was young, mean, and lean.
dotmatrix

Jun 16, 2016
9:25 PM EDT
Caveat.... Of course the following is only my opinion... and feel free to disagree and call me out on errors and overly harsh or judgmental tones.

Truth be told:

I use FF because it's really the only useable FOSS browser available.

Chromium is not so great. Chrome is not FOSS. Opera is not great. Epiphany is terrible [sorry Gnome people, but it is] There are several other browsers, but most are very feature poor...

FF is really the only option for Desktop GNU/Linux people who don't wish to support the new evil empire ... i.e. Google.

Mozilla has some other products, but I don't use them.

I tried to like Thunderbird, but I simply do not like email 'clients' that are actually slightly modified browsers. I used Seamonkey for a while to design stuff, but then I discovered I actually don't like WYSIWYG web design. The result is usually quite poor and needs enough tweaking to justify rewriting the product in Bluefish editor instead.

So... all in all.. I agree...

Mozilla: Build a good browser and forget the rest. It's too bad you fired the good leader you had a few years ago over a minor external philosophical spat. And I will probably use his product instead when it is fully useable.
penguinist

Jun 16, 2016
11:30 PM EDT
mutt

That's the leanest and meanest email client.
jdixon

Jun 17, 2016
5:41 AM EDT
> I agree Happy. I am still using Firefox as my primary browser but I miss the "old days" when Firefox was young, mean, and lean.

Palemoon: https://linux.palemoon.org/

> mutt ... That's the leanest and meanest email client.

bash-4.2$ ls -l mutt

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 826624 Apr 10 2015 mutt

bash-4.2$ ls -l elm

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 311488 Aug 13 2009 elm
CFWhitman

Jun 20, 2016
2:46 PM EDT
There are times when I use Palemoon, Chromium, Qupzilla, and Midori, but I still do use Firefox the most for now.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!