Well, I hear XP was...

Story: Microsoft’s CEO Says Windows Is “The Most Open Platform” EverTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
cr

Oct 19, 2016
7:38 PM EDT
...but the service packs closed up some of the holes.
seatex

Oct 19, 2016
8:19 PM EDT
Don't open platforms release source code, and not spy on you?
rnturn

Oct 20, 2016
10:22 AM EDT
I still get a chuckle remembering when Bill Gates said that Windows was an Open System (the way people thought about that in the late '80s/early '90s) because you could run it on a PC from IBM, HP, Compaq, etc. And now this one. Will these folks ever get it right? It must be due to something they serve in the Microsoft cafeteria.

It's a good thing I've finished my allotment of coffee today or there might have been another horrible coffee/keyboard disaster.
cr

Oct 20, 2016
10:56 AM EDT
I was referring to the fact that, at its height, WinXP was typically 7 minutes online-to-Pwn3d. I'm sure that Nadella would never make a claim that wasn't true, so that must have been the kind of open he was talking about, right?
seatex

Oct 20, 2016
11:23 AM EDT
Oh yeah... ok, now his statement makes sense. Yes, Windows is the most open platform for online attacks. Agreed. It's also the most open for the NSA.
penguinist

Oct 20, 2016
11:50 AM EDT
Yes, openness has a whole new meaning with Microsoft: an operating system with enough open doors to let anyone in.

Quoting:It must be due to something they serve in the Microsoft cafeteria.

It's called "drinking the Kool-Aid".

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!