Tried it

Story: Vivaldi 1.5 Lands as the World's First Web Browser to Control Philips Hue LightsTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
HappyTux

Nov 22, 2016
10:05 PM EDT
And it was not too bad a browser a little rough around the edges, no download indications at all you need sidebar open or in a browser tab to see if anything happened. Same when you click on web page nothing until it starts to load. But what really got me and turned me off was the idea of them trying to be everything to everyone. Of course they had to have email client because Opera did so wasting resources developing that so you can have that all the while next to no one accesses email except through a web interface these days for their target audience so why not do that in browser tab. Like all chrome browsers it sucks the ram like no tomorrow and the final topper working on the Hue light bulb integration so your browser and machine can get owned by an IoT light bulb, just lovely.
helios

Nov 27, 2016
1:33 PM EDT
Tried it upon the recommendation of a friend, installed and when I opened it, was stabbed in the eyes by a 1/3 page ad for a pickup truck. I know they need to realize income as often as possible, but this assault turned me off to it immediately. Maybe I'll try it again soon. Chrome is again proving that you need two browsers at your fingertips to get anything done.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!