Why, why, why ???

Story: It's Now Possible to Use openSUSE Inside Windows 10, Here's How to Install ItTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
Ridcully

Jan 16, 2017
6:21 AM EDT
I don't often join in, but when I was putting this article onto our site, all I could do was say: But why, why, WHY would you want to do this ? Running Win10 in a secure container inside openSUSE I can understand, but the other way around ? Perhaps brighter minds than mine would like to explain why.......I'm intrigued.
jdixon

Jan 16, 2017
7:15 AM EDT
Mostly just to show that it can be done, probably.

However, some folks are stuck in Windows only shops and will do anything to get their Linux fix.

For me though, this line: Try to find a Linux 'vendor' (or in that sense, distributor) which is older. You won’t. There aren’t any," said Hannes Kühnemund, Sr. Product Manager at SUSE. took the cake.

He has to know that both Debian and Slackware are older than SuSE.
Ridcully

Jan 16, 2017
9:52 AM EDT
Perhaps he was thinking strictly in terms of SUSE being a large commercial company for Linux ? I take your point though jdixon.
jdixon

Jan 16, 2017
6:00 PM EDT
> Perhaps he was thinking strictly in terms of SUSE being a large commercial company for Linux ?

That would be my guess, but that's not indicated by the phrasing of the section I quoted. And even in such a case, Slackware is a commercial distribution. I've purchased it in the past, though not recently.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!