This is sooo typical for Microsoft

Story: Windows Subsystem for Linux to debut in Windows 10 Fall Creators UpdateTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
penguinist

Jul 31, 2017
6:53 AM EDT
Microsoft wrote:NO current plans to support X/GUI apps, desktops, servers, etc. at this time.

GNU/Linux supports all these things, but Microsoft NOT. This is so typical of Microsoft, hold back features, make the users beg, and then sell the features or promise them in some future release as "extensions". What a merry-go-round windozers willingly accept.

I'm just so happy to be working fully in the GNU/Linux world where no vendor stands between me and my OS.
seatex

Jul 31, 2017
1:51 PM EDT
And people do free beta testing for MS! Even if they submit bug reports while beta testing, they still have to pay for the final release!
mbaehrlxer

Jul 31, 2017
3:03 PM EDT
it will happen.

X support is already there, you need to run an Xserver for windows. unsurprisingly, Xorg can't work since the Xserver needs to display within the windows graphics. so it is only a matter of getting all the applications stable.

greetings, eMBee.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!