/e/ improves on lineageOS

Story: The /e/ Google-free, pro-privacy Android clone is now availableTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
mbaehrlxer

Sep 28, 2019
1:32 AM EDT
2 years ago when /e/ was first announced (as eelo), i bought a phone that they said would be one of the first they'd support in anticipation to installing /e/ on it when it would be ready. i never got around to that until i had to buy a new phone a few months ago. i got /e/ installed almost without a hitch (the hitch was a problem with the boot-loader that i would have run into with plain lineageOS too, so no fault of /e/)

i was pleasantly surprised. for example maps with directions, which i never got to work on lineageOS, just worked out of the box.

so although /e/ is in beta and it is far from finished, as there are a lot of features that could be added, it is already very usable, and it is more usable than plain lineageOS. so if you have been trying to decide if you should get lineageOS or /e/ or something else, you can't go wrong with getting /e/ now.

greetings, eMBee.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!