Why would you?

Story: How to Install Microsoft Edge on Linux in a Few Easy StepsTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
alc

Nov 04, 2021
5:28 PM EDT
I can't imagine any reason why I'd want to do this.
cybertao

Nov 08, 2021
4:55 AM EDT
Because it's faster than Chrome. If you are willing to use Chrome, Microsoft is the lesser evil of the two evils and Edge is the better browser.
jdixon

Nov 08, 2021
12:05 PM EDT
> Because it's faster than Chrome

If speed is the be all an end all of your browsing experience just use lynx.

> Microsoft is the lesser evil of the two evils and Edge is the better browser.

And Brave is better than either. So again, why would you?
cybertao

Nov 08, 2021
6:57 PM EDT
Because most people aren't as anal retentive as you in making their choices on such narrow criteria.
cabreh

Nov 08, 2021
7:34 PM EDT
And maybe you are very pro Microsoft cybertao.
jdixon

Nov 08, 2021
8:49 PM EDT
> Because most people aren't as anal retentive

You're the one who was arguing speed was the primary criteria, not us.

And Brave is still better than either Chrome or Edge.
cybertao

Nov 09, 2021
12:10 AM EDT
Yeah, I'm the only one who listed any measure of criteria. Answering the simple question, "Why would you?", that was followed with comment on a lack of imagination as to why someone would, without any reasons why someone wouldn't.

A better question would be "Why was this article posted?" if it doesn't appeal to the limited target audience here.

alc

Nov 09, 2021
5:32 AM EDT
' A better question would be "Why was this article posted?" if it doesn't appeal to the limited target audience here"

I wasn't asking why the article was posted. It certainly belongs on a Linux site as it has something to do with Linux. I left MS long ago for the freedom of Linux, so I couldn't imagine why I would ever add something from MS back into it.
the_doctor

Nov 09, 2021
10:42 AM EDT
Quoting:If Microsoft ever does applications for Linux it means I've won.

--Linus Torvalds
alc

Nov 10, 2021
5:00 AM EDT
"If Microsoft ever does applications for Linux it means I've won."

Fair point. But as far as I'm concerned, Linus won a long time ago.

jdixon

Nov 10, 2021
12:30 PM EDT
> I'm the only one who listed any measure of criteria.

The criteria that matter most are matters of individual preference, not performance.
the_doctor

Nov 11, 2021
12:17 AM EDT
Quoting: I can't imagine any reason why I'd want to do this.

I can't imagine any reason why you'd want to do this, either. Everyone uses computers differently. What works best for one person, may be a total hindrance for another. Microsoft's one-size-fits-all approach is the reason many of us switched to Linux in the first place.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!