Exciting!

Story: Mandrake Linux 'community' 10.0 releasedTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
diffuze

Mar 04, 2004
8:33 AM EDT
I'm looking forward to installing this release! I'm quite curious over the new 2.6x kernel and it's performance. I already have KDE 3.2 installed and that is very nifty. It's also going to be exciting to see how Quake3 performs in this new release. It gives me better framerates already as it is under mdk 9.1 (I didn't upgrade to 9.2..) than it gives me in Windows 2000. Exciting!
bigmase521

Mar 04, 2004
9:29 AM EDT
You'll be pleasantly surprised w/ this release. I just downloaded the RC2 a week ago (if i wasn't as impatient as I am I could've saved 3 cd's lol) and that was KILLER. The combination of 2.6 kernel, and KDE 3.2 is just sick. I hosed the RC2 release after a brief testing, to test Fedora Core 2 Test 1 only because the video acceleration in 10RC2 wasn't working (it was a known problem). Let's hope they fixed it for the final release cause if i can't wait my DVD's I'll flip! hehe. Great job Mandrake. Hope someone does a review in the very near future (as soon as they get the freakin' public mirrors up! hehe)
diffuze

Mar 04, 2004
10:07 AM EDT
If noone does a review, I will! =D
dave

Mar 04, 2004
10:44 AM EDT
diffuze: If you want to write a review, I'll post it as a full story (rather than simply making it a reply). A review of Mdk10.0 would be worthy of a top story, I'd think.

I would do it myself, but I'm actually in the middle of playing with Gentoo and won't have time for Mandrake until next week at the earliest.

dave
bigmase521

Mar 04, 2004
4:12 PM EDT
hey if diffuze doesn't want to write a review, I'll do it. Or maybe I'll do one anyway just so we can have 2 up / to choose from. Getting the word out can't hurt! I'm currently installing Fedora Core 2 Test 1 on my desktop so maybe I'll do a review of that one too just for kicks. But definitely Mandrake. As long as you host it dave.. i have no where to host, and my webserver isn't up yet.
professor

Mar 04, 2004
5:20 PM EDT
ill host one if you wish.... http://coollinux.spyw.com Cool Linux a personal site of mine... I really need something like a review..... Note: My site doesn't get much traffic but I would still host...
dave

Mar 04, 2004
7:07 PM EDT
bigmase521, send it over and if it's complete and well-written I'll post it. I always prefer to publish articles written by community members, anyway.

dave
diffuze

Mar 05, 2004
6:04 AM EDT
Cool, bigmase521! I haven't got around to install it yet =)
dave

Mar 05, 2004
6:07 AM EDT
You can submit the review here: http://lxer.com/module/newswire/stories/

dave

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!