M$ is SCARED!

Story: Microsoft displays fear, uncertainty, and doubt toward OpenOffice.orgTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
OmegaBLK

Mar 27, 2004
9:33 PM EDT
The whole document is filled with typical FUD from "the Borg" up in Redmond.

Response to first question: First Microsoft claims that "license costs make a small portion of TCO". LMAO. License costs is the significant portion hence why many folks is seeking alternatives. M$ claims that "OO doesn't support Office macros". Well how can it when M$ goes out of their way to make their products inoperable with other office suites. Then they claim people will need to be "retrained". LMAO like people were trained to use M$ Office.

Response to Second question: "I only need basic features. OpenOffice is good enough". Ok. But once again here comes M$ trying to tell the user that they don't need basic functionality, Oh! They want you to purchase an M$ Office license so you can get features that protect you from virus attacks! Is this the same macro viruses that have ravaged M$ Office before? Maybe its a good thing OO doesn't support Office macros! This is funny, M$ telling users that they need a bunch of crap that they most likely have no need of using hence why the user say "OpenOffice is good enough"!.

Response to third question: M$ claims if bugs go unresolved the user has to go scour chats rooms, forums, etc. Hmmm this is similiar to with many products out there. I am sure that M$ doesn't have the answer to everything and they certainly should not be pointing out about "bugs go unresolved"! LMAO M$ should know better!

Response to fourth question: "OO offers limited compatibility with Office." Well geez! I wonder why?!? Maybe its because you folks up at Redmond made Office in such a way that alternative office suites would have "limited compatibility" with Office.

Aye reading all that FUD nonsense hurts my head.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!