Page 6

Story: The Linux KillerTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
Void_Main

Jun 23, 2004
10:34 AM EDT
This was quite a long read and I agree with most of it, right up until the last page (page 6) of the article. I have big problems with the summary. Linux is *very* well documented throughout it's history and this documentation is archived on thousands of servers. I don't believe there is anything wrong with each person who contributes having copyright over their contribution. There is no need to transfer this copyright over, like is done on the GNU projects. I'm not saying there is necessarily anything wrong with the GNU sponsored projects. I would personally like to retain copyright on anything I write even if I put my code under the GPL and/or contribute it to the Linux kernel.

This is just my opinion. I would be interested in hearing what others think about all the statements on the last page of the article (skip ahead to it if you don't want to plow through the other 5 pages of what you probably already know).
tbogart

Jun 23, 2004
6:20 PM EDT
Sorry, I thought it was just bad drivel repeat of all of McBride's complaints, including the 'denial of services attacks' - during which I never had a problem getting on SCO's site to watch them try and backtrack out of all their open-source involvement.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!