Straight BS.

Story: Linux, Still an Awkward AlternativeTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
OmegaBLK

Jul 04, 2004
7:52 AM EDT
The author of that article needs to do better research. This article is horrible and doesn't deserve to be posted at this site. Just read the responses to that article at the site. Hours to install a modern Linux distro my ass. No GUI? LOL. That comment does not even deserve a response. And for his information windows does not work on almost every machine out there. Does windows run on Sparc? Alpha? PPC even? Thats why you will find *nix or some other alternative to winblowz running on them. There are so many errors in that article to the point that I actually pity the author who wrote it. Crappy article.
Void_Main

Jul 04, 2004
11:43 AM EDT
That's the typical accuracy of a Washington Post article.
MESMERIC

Jul 05, 2004
10:27 PM EDT
I don't know - I found the article quite proper and balanced. His experience is probably what most Window users will feel when they first install a Linux distro.

It's just the title I thought was unfair - Awkward is akin to filling some complex tax form - Linux distros aren't as bad. This message was edited Jul 6, 2004 1:30 AM

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!