Zarafa SummerCamp will be held June 21 & 22
On Thursday 21st of June and Friday 22nd of June 2012, Zarafa, the leading European provider of open source groupware and collaboration software, will host the sixth edition of its SummerCamp in the Abbey Rolduc in Kerkrade (the Netherlands).
The keynotes on Thursday will join this year's SummerCamp theme 'Above the Cloud' by highlighting several topics on collaboration and integration:
- Markus Feilner, Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Linux Magazine (Germany) will present: 'New game for tomorrow's enterprise desktop'.
- Ron Tolido, CTO Capgemini, his keynote is titled:: 'One Ring To Rule Them All: the darker and lighter sides of cloud integration'.
- Peter Ganten, President of the German Open Source Business Association, will share his learnings on the cloud vision of the German Public and Enterprise Sector.
High on the agenda of Zarafa customers is the need to work with an open, integrated collaboration stack enabling users to setup e.g. web meetings, share documents and chat. Cloud adoption is an important trend, but by rising 'Above the Cloud', Zarafa ensures giving enough attention to its users with respect to his mobility and communication needs.
To meet these needs, Zarafa will foster the collaboration of specialists within the community at SummerCamp:
- Education & Training: together with the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) and other education institutions, Zarafa will start providing training to enable students to co-create software with the Zarafa Development Team.
- 48 Hour Feature Run: selected ideas from participants will be instantly developed during SummerCamp.
- Community Sessions: with e.g. Fedora and OpenSUSE.
The SummerCamp has cemented its position in the top-3 of European open source vendor events. This year, Zarafa will welcome hundreds of customers, a comprehensive delegation of the Zarafa Business Partner Network, industry leaders such as Capgemini and Red Hat, open source distributions, industry analysts and journalists at the open source ‘hot spot’ of this Summer.
For more information about the 2012 Zarafa SummerCamp and to register: http://www.zarafa.com/summercamp2012.
Zarafa is the leading European provider of open source groupware and collaboration software. The company is headquartered in Delft, the Netherlands. Zarafa’s offices in Stuttgart, Hannover and Belo Horizonte (Brazil) provide local sales and support to more than 250 partners and thousands of customers worldwide. Our core product is the Zarafa Collaboration Platform (ZCP), the leading European open and compatible groupware platform that can be used as a drop-in Microsoft Exchange replacement for email, calendaring, collaboration and tasks. Using instant web meetings (http://www.zarafa.com/content/introduction-spreed-web-meetin... ) and other apps, ZCP is evolving into a full, flexible and future proof collaboration platform. Additionally, Zarafa recently launched Z-Archiver (http://www.zarafa.com/content/zarafa-archiver ) which decreases the need for expensive storage tiers for long-term archiving. Zarafa is acclaimed for its unrivalled expertise in calendar and mobile compatibility (http://www.zarafa.com/content/mobility ). Learn more at http://www.zarafa.com .
Follow Zarafa on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/zarafagroupware .
Mirjam Scholtes, Communication & PR Manager
Tel: +31 (0)15 2517710, M: +31 (0)6 55114984